According to the WFH diaries, it pays to spend a bit extra time over breakfast

 It took lockdown for writer Niamh to realize the importance of a good breakfast.


Despite the fact that breakfast is typically referred to as the most essential meal of the day, I'll admit that it is normally a low priority in my daily routine. Does a bowl of unappealing plain cereal, which I scoff in five minutes while keeping one eye on my emails, constitute a "meal" when I'm at work? But now that I'm acclimated to working from home, I'm finding that I can spend a little more time in the morning cooking something I genuinely love and eating it without getting indigestion.

I've been attempting to cook something hearty and nourishing, like a bowl of porridge or eggs on toast, once I've finally dragged myself out of bed and resisted hitting "snooze" on my alarm for the 100th time. Porridge for breakfast, I know. Ground-breaking I'm not claiming that one of these options is revolutionary, or that I'll be competing on Masterchef anytime soon, but for someone who often skips breakfast, this simple adjustment has made a significant impact.

Jammy stewed berries with a hefty dollop of nut butter are now my favorite porridge bowl toppers. If I'm having eggs, I like them scrambled with spring onions and a dash of spicy sauce over buttered bread. I still eat in front of the TV while watching the news, but it's a huge improvement over my rushed workplace breakfasts. Plus, rather than feeling hungry, agitated, and even somewhat hot after navigating the London Underground during rush hour, I feel ready to work from the start of my office hours.

More BuzzNewsOne Articles :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll to top